Deadline – Not Specified
Minimum Experience: Entry-level
Summary of Position
- The Admin and Logistics Officer will provide the main logistical support to their office, liaising closely with the Admin and Logistics Officer and the finance team to ensure good recordkeeping, as well as liaising with the housekeeping staff to support the smooth running of the office.
- S / he will work under the direct supervision of the Admin and Logistics Coordinator and closely with the finance and programs team. The position holder will supervise the Drivers and Office Assistants.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with the landlord of the office premises and other operational contacts such as vendors, suppliers and courier services to keep the office fully functional
- Coordinate package delivery and pick up
- Ensure that SFCG’s inventory list is updated on regular intervals
- Develop and oversee safety protocols, including the management of the security company
- Ensure that the door security system and key management is functioning properly
- Manage the telephone/intercom/internet system
- Provide logistical support for meetings and conferences on-site and off-siteRespond to general emails and forward to the appropriate members of staff
- Provide orientation for new staff, visitors or consultants on the use of the general office equipment and other office systems
- Maintain office equipment and oversee repairs
- Manage the office fleet and approve any private vehicle hire
Oversee vehicle repairs
- Maintain office logs on travel, inventory and fuel usage for generator, vehicles etc.
- Prepare travel arrangements, relevant documentation (tickets, visas etc.) and any necessary travel materials (Meeting confirmations, background or reference confirmations)
- Prepare and submit a monthly logistics report about the above to the Admin and Logistics Coordinator.
- Coordinate procurement process of goods and services, ensure necessary documentation
- Maintain and update vendor’s database for necessary goods and services
- Monitor quality and control cost on various office supplies, stationery, hotel accommodation, transportation and other equipment
- Provide support to HR where needed
- Any other function required to undertake broadly in line with above functions.
NB: As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key duties.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting & Finance, Business Administration, Management, Procurement
- 2 – 3 years ́ professional experience providing finance, administrative, logistical and/or operational support
- Experience working in an NGO or civil society is a plus
- Experience working with little or no supervision
Other Relevant Requirements:
- Resident in Adamawa state is an added advantage
- Proven interest & commitment to humanitarian and development principles and a demonstrable understanding of conflict/post conflict development contexts
- Excellent in English (oral and written)
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines; team player and effective communicator,
- Strong IT skills (Email, Microsoft Office applications, Google Drive, Google Docs, Sheets, Presentation).
- Good reporting capacity and experience
- Ability to function effectively under stressful conditions such as heavy workloads, and deadlines.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Interested candidates should send the following via the link above:
Cover Letter (which includes expectations of compensation)
Please compile your writing sample and resume into one document as the system only has the functionality to upload two documents per application. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please
About Search for Common Ground (SFCG)
Search for Common Ground (SFCG) is an international non-profit organization that promotes the peaceful resolution of conflict. With headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium, Search’s mission is to transform how individuals, organizations, and governments deal with conflict – away from destructive approaches towards cooperative solutions. With more than 600 staff worldwide, Search implements projects in more than 30 countries across the globe.