Deadline – Not Specified
Function – Administrative Job
Partnerships – Lagos, Nigeria
Department Partnerships – Employment
Minimum Experience Mid-level
Nexford University (NXU) is looking for a full-time Administrative Associate to join our team in Nigeria. This person will help set up our Nigeria office and learning center and act as a primary contact regarding office and learning center procedures.
The Administrative Associate will be reporting to the Country Manager and will be the main person in managing the office and learning center in terms of its administrative and office needs. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is just comfortable working autonomously, and also a team player anticipating and supporting the needs of the Nigeria team. This person should be customer-service focused and organized, bringing a positive and friendly company image by acting as the first line of contact to learners and visitors in person, online, and via telephone.
Work Schedule: M-F 9 AM – 5 PM
Work Location: Lekki Phase 1 office
- Schedule and coordinate in-person visits to the learning center for consultations with intending learners
- Support learners and visitors in signing in and out of the office/ learning center
- Support monthly learning center events calendar, arrange meetings, book rooms, and plan refreshments
- Manages correspondence by answering emails and sorting mail
- Order and manage inventory of company branded merchandise and office supplies
- Manage reception area and look after visitors and learners in the center
- Manage utilities, subscriptions, and services for the learning center
- Draft, format, and print relevant documents
The ideal candidate
- Prior office management experience preferred;
- Strong attention to detail, strong prioritization and organization skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work without supervision
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills
- Strong reporting and record-keeping skills
- Presentation skills including welcoming guests to the learning center and in-house events
- Work at a company with a social mission where you can make a real difference in the world
- A market-competitive salary commensurate with experience
10 days paid time off
- Professional development budget for courses, conferences, and training
- A friendly team in the US, UK, South Africa, Egypt, Belarus, and the Philippines
- Contemporary collaboration tools
- An entrepreneurial and highly stimulating environment
For more information, visit www.nexford.org.
Apply for this Job by clicking the apply button below.
About Nexford University
Nexford University is a next-generation university based in Washington DC offering a competency-based learning model. Nexford’s mission is to enable greater social and economic mobility by providing an affordable high-quality education that will positively impact millions of lives around the world.
Nexford offers the following degrees and certificates: Associate of Applied Science in Business (AAS), Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), MBA, nine undergraduate certificates and three graduate certificates in the field of business. Nexford provides learners with a fully online global education based on mastery of competencies relevant in the workplace. A global team of faculty and advisors supports learning and professional success through the innovative use of technology, such as AI and machine learning.