Deadline – Not Specified
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of our client’s company will have the primary responsibility of the planning, implementation, managing and running of all the finance activities of a company, including business planning, budgeting, forecasting, and negotiations. The CFO job description should also extend to obtaining and maintaining investor relations and partnership compliance.
The Chief Finance Officer will be responsible for the following:
Economic Strategy Function
• Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
• Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
• Report financial results to the management team
• Control and evaluate the organization’s fundraising plans and capital structure
Risk Management Function
• Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile
• Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry
• Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
• Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
• Perform risk management by analyzing the organization’s liabilities and investments
Financial Analysis and Planning
• Oversee the issuance of financial information
• Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
• Drive the company’s financial and tax planning
• Protect and secure the organization’s value and financial information
• Ensure compliance with financial regulations
CANDIDATE PROFILE AND COMPETENCIES
- Background in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or Economics
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the same capacity
In-depth understanding of corporate financial law and risk management practices
- Experience in capital and fund-raising
- Financial accounting and corporate finance competence
- Ability to analyze and convert data to actionable plans
Qualified, apply at Smartrecruiters by clicking the apply button below.
About Talent SQR.
Talent SQR. is a recruitment and staffing, and workforce management solutions firm committed to finding and connecting companies with the talent they need. We know that not one size fits all, so we take an individualized approach by offering customized staffing and recruiting solutions for all of the employers and job seekers we partner with. Our goal was to operate on a level of professionalism commensurate with that of the companies we serve. Over time we have grown to be known for our quality of service and talents we place. Our firm enjoys a reputation for excellence and is dedicated to maintaining the highest standards of quality, responsiveness, and tangible, value-added results. Our fundamental strength is sourcing, identifying and recruiting candidates to satisfy our client’s needs. We strive to be a business partner; a resource our clients can turn to with confidence to fill key positions in their companies.
Our client is one of Nigeria’s pioneer manufacturers and Distributors of energy (including renewable) solutions for domestic, commercial and industrial applications. With global Partners in USA, Asia and Europe, the company has continued to church out great energy products specifically tailored for the Nigerian environment.
The company is also a heavy investor in R&D that typically cuts across: EPC, Solar Power plant construction, Solar Mini-grid Projects, Mini-grid Utilities, United Nation SDG-related projects.