Deadline – Not Specified
Desk Head, IT Risk Management
Ref No: 2000001J
Job: FBN Gen. Job Family
Organization: Technology And Services
Job Type: Full-time
Grade Range – From : Assistant Manager Grade Range – To : Manager
- To identify non-conformance and assure remediation, mitigation and/or positive acceptance of risk
- To manage all risks associated with the use, ownership, operation, involvement, influence and adoption of IT within FirstBank.
- To define a process to counteract interruptions to business activities and to protect critical business processes from the effects of major failures of information systems or disasters and to ensure their timely resumption
Duties & Responsibilities
- Define a formal set of processes by which the organization identifies, measures, controls, and reports on relevant risks and reports
- Maintain the IT Disaster Recovery Plan including annual reviews
- Oversee the regular testing of the plan and update for major changes in hardware, applications, business and regulatory requirements accordingly.
- Effectively communicate the nature and criticality of risks to the highest levels of the business
- Schedule audits and update and monitor the audit programme report.
- Review the audit responses and issue the assurance programme reports
- Respond to Audit. Establish the audit response team. Host the audit and respond to the outcomes
- Establish Assurance Management standards to cover client/external requirements (e.g. BASEL2, Sarbanes-Oxley, etc.)
- Coordinate the development and ongoing maintenance of other IT policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all IT policies and procedures are compliant with regulatory requirements
- Serve as liaison to auditors, consultants, and the bank Compliance
- Committee regarding documentation and review of information compliance.
- Ensure that relevant process owners are assigned and are responsible for creation, maintenance and testing of their BC & DR plans and that a central plan exists within the organization to coordinate these efforts
- Communicate audit and review results to appropriate parties; ensure that issues are addressed and corrective actions are implemented.
- Manage resources (people, hardware & software) to ensure that redundancy is available as necessary
- Identify, analyze, and evaluate business continuity risks to help prioritize and guide appropriate mitigation efforts
- Ensure that alternative resources are available to ensure ongoing operations for the organization in case of a business continuity incident/disaster incident
- Participate in IT projects and initiatives to bring pro-active risk management focus into solutions
Minimum of a first degree or its equivalent in a Business / IT related discipline
Masters, MBA or a recognized professional certification will be an added advantage
5+ years of experience in technology/ information security management
1+ years of management experience
Click the apply button below
About First Bank
First Bank of Nigeria Limited (First Bank) is Nigeria's largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, First Bank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBN Bank DRC, FBN Bank Ghana, FBN Bank Gambia, FBN Bank Guinea, FBN Bank Sierra-Leone and FBN Bank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.