Location: Lekki Phase 1, Lagos State.
Our client, a reputable Montessori School and Children Activity Centre (Museum) has given us the task to source for an Educational Director with quality hands-on work administrative experience who genuinely loves children and is motivated to use
initiaive and fun creative reacreational learning activities for children.
The Educational Director develops and implements museum education programming for visiting children and their schools, parents and caregivers, including drop-in programs, classes and workshops, museum events and camp programs. The Educational Director assists the administrator in overseeing the exhibit galleries. The Educational Director is responsible for supervising volunteers. He/she develops and implements community partnerships in the local education field and manages activities for regional and national museum collaborations. He/she will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Research the educational needs of our target audience and current trends in informal learning environments on a continuous basis.
- Build relationships with private and public educational institutions to determine educational programming.
- Develop and implement innovative, high quality and fun, educational programs and events that are child based, accessible to a wide audience, and reflect the mission of the Children’s Museum.
- Develop and implement an annual calendar of programs and events to deliver the museum’s mission.
- Provide leadership to Visitor Experience staff and volunteers (training, scheduling and supervision).
- Work with exhibit creators to deliver the educational programs, either by outright purchase or through supervision of exhibit designers.
- Work with Facilities Management to maintain a healthy, safe and orderly museum, and protect the museum’s educational assets.
- Supports marketing and fundraising efforts.
- Attend staff meetings, workshops, and Museum related activities when required.
- Collaborate with colleagues and the company’s leadership in the design and implementation of innovation within the context of the Museum’s overall program and mission.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: BA/BSc or higher degree or its equivalent in a relevant position.
- Experience: A minimum of seven (7) years working with children ages 0–11 in child care, classroom, or informal education settings.
- Experience working with at risk and special needs audiences. –
- Experience providing adult education programming for parents, child care providers and teachers.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Spoken French Language
- Person who Is intrinsically driven and motivated.
- Knowledge of childhood academic, social, and physical development.
- Knowledge of hands on learning and informal learning:vision, values – and methodologies.
- Experience with curriculum/learning environment design and implementation.
- Experience in educational leadership.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to explore all possible options to resolve problems before escalation.
- Ability to obtain, clarify and exchange information.
- Ability to relate positively with parents and children.
- Ability to organize and coordinate activities.
- Ability to interface with a diverse audience–Nigerians and expatriates.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/OTHER INFORMATION
- Weekend and evening work required.
- May be required to work on Public holidays when activity centre is opened to the public.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.