Job Ref Code: HHR31120
Department: Abuja, FCT
Reports To: DCR/Operations
- The Head of HR will provide overall strategic HR direction and will assist the Country Program’ (CP) efforts in strategic workforce planning, recruitment, talent development, employee relations, retention, and orientation/onboarding in support of high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable.
- This position will work with managers and HR staff to strengthen the HR management capacity throughout the CP and will institute the use of CRS HR management standards and good HR industry systems, processes, and practices.
Qualifications and Skills
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in HR Management, Business Administration or Organizational Development strongly preferred, or equivalent relevant experience and Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of seven years’ work experience in HR including emergency responses, with at least three in a senior management role with an international organization, with strong knowledge of HR best practices and standards.
- Experience with and demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret and advice on employment laws, regulations, policies, principles, concepts, and practices for various countries.
- Proven experience in presenting, facilitating, coaching, and capacity building on HR topics.
- Experience in project management and change management (HR projects).
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, HRIS.
- Experience in safeguarding desired, including investigating safeguarding matters and training staff on safeguarding
- Excellent relationship management skills with ability to influence and get buy-in from people not under direct supervision
- Excellent strategic, analytical, problem-solving and systems thinking skills with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions
- Very good review, monitoring and planning skills
- Commitment to diversity coupled with ability to translate this commitment into workforce planning and strategies
- Able to maintain confidential information
- Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented
- Strong customer service orientation with excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
Interested and qualified candidates should download the “CRS Application Form” here, fill and send with a detailed Resume as one document (in a PDF Format) indicating the Position being applied for and the Job Ref Code as the subject of the application application ((e.g. MEAL Director, MED211118) to: the email in the apply button below.
Click Here for Job Details (Drop-box)
Equal Employer Opportunity:
“CRS is an equal –opportunity employer, does not discriminate based on race, color, religion and we are committed to gender sensitive programming and management’. etc.
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”
By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking
Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
Statement of Commitment to Protection:
‘’CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation’’.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.
About Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and nonchurch partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS has worked in Nigeria for more than 25 years.