And we are just getting started.
About the Role:
- Andela is seeking an experienced HR Operations Leader for our Nigeria community. This is an amazing opportunity for a passionate and talented HR leader to innovate alongside a stellar growing people team and equally passionate and driven leadership. You’ll be tasked with ensuring our core people processes and policies keep pace with our rapid scale and cultivate an environment where each Andelan thrives. Prepare yourself for a growth experience that accelerates your journey as an HR professional – playing a key role on our operations team, and moving us to a progressive shared service model!
- To be successful in this role, you will take a true partnership approach to your work, thoughtfully balancing the needs of the people team, your country and the broader organization. You will also work collaboratively with HR Centers of Excellence and a newly implemented HR Business Partner function to develop and deliver integrated People solutions seamlessly in our Lagos center. A key responsibility of this role will be in-country payroll ownership and delivery.
This role reports into the Director of People Operations
About the role:
- Oversee and review the processing of payroll changes (e.g. new hires, terminations, salary adjustment documentation, referral bonus, ).
- Conduct monthly quality checks on all payroll data. Effectively liaising with all stakeholders to ensure that monthly salaries are paid on or before the 24th of each month.
- Managing the enrollment, renewal, administration, and the distribution process for all employee benefits.
- Ensure HR operational excellence with accurate, timely, and robust information, process, and project management practices
- Partner effectively with our Centers of Excellence (Comp and Ben, L&D, Talent, Analytics and Systems) to ensure processes meet business needs
- Own local HR Compliance Program and be responsible for managing, inventorying, assessing, controlling, and developing compliant policies/procedures to reduce risk
- Manage local vendor relationships and SLAs to optimize operational effectiveness and employee experience
- Monitor new laws or regulations related to HR compliance and drive continuous process and program improvement
- Measure and monitor existing programs and experiences
- Partner with the rest of the People Team in addition to external specialists to execute global operational initiatives and priorities within the organization.
Adopt the 80/20 rule, adapting global policies and processes for your local community
- Place our greatest asset – OUR PEOPLE at the center of everything we do
Coach, Inspire, Influence
- Build and lead a team of operational generalists and specialists that are knowledgeable, driven, and deliver impeccable customer service
- Provide timely and actionable feedback to your team, bring a growth mindset to developing and coaching them
- Surface your point of view with the broader global operations team and influence strategy and decisions outside of Nigeria
Connecting with Andelans
- Cultivate and nurture strong relationships with key stakeholders, other internal teams, and most importantly within People Team to become a trusted advisor.
- Enhance information sharing, modelling transparency and openness in how you engage
A bit about you…
- Lead heart first, care deeply about both people and outcomes
- Focused on ethical leadership and doing the right thing even when it’s hard.
- Master of your craft and passionate about modern, transformational “HR”, interest in innovation and creative HR solutions
- Ability to create effective working partnerships with key stakeholders that enable you to execute effectively
- Strong interest in leveraging data to inform decisions (don’t worry if you aren’t an expert we have some of those!)
- Demonstrated ability in developing and executing across the employee lifecycle for a rapidly scaling population of 600+
- Experience in a challenging, changing, complex business environment with a special focus on multiculturalism (and internationalism).
- Knowledge of in-country employment regulations, e.g. Country labor/employee relations statutes and capacity to apply them to Andela.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital atatus, veteran status, or disability status.
Clickt he apply button below to apply
Marc Andresson, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was eight years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peek behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and growing their business. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2020.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from Africa and placed them as full-time, embedded members of development teams at over 200 tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative and Serena Ventures.