Reference Number: NS20 / 3006
Reporting to the Head, Nigeria Infrastructure Funds, this Officer will ensure prudent investment of the infrastructure fund in healthcare focused areas by providing managerial and strategic oversight for the various healthcare portfolio projects.
- Lead the development of the healthcare strategy for the Nigeria Infrastructure Fund.
- Develop medium- and long-term strategies and action plans to improve quality of the Authority’s healthcare portfolio and contribute to achievement of Corporate targets.
- Liaise with the infrastructure risk management team to assess the inherent healthcare portfolio risks in order to define mitigating strategies.
- Champion the valuation and structuring of healthcare deals.
- Identify viable healthcare infrastructure projects and advises management on investment decisions.
- Lead the negotiations of prospective investments with the aim of obtaining best returns on investment for the funds.
- Build and manage a well-balanced healthcare infrastructure portfolio aimed at achieving target risk adjusted returns.
- Monitor and supervise the various healthcare portfolio activities. providing up to date report to the management
- Develop and manage relationships with external counterparts. co-investors, advisors and technical leaders.
- Monitor the impact of the operating environment on assigned projects under implementation and informs the Management on any material potential risks that might arise.
- Conducts analysis portfolio trends, drivers of investment return, draws and shares lessons from the portfolio analysis.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
- MD, MBSS. PhD. Pharm.D or comparable advanced degree is preferred
- Previous healthcare operational experience required
- Good knowledge of heath sector trends Globally and within the Nigerian context)
- Practical experience in valuation, structuring, portfolio management and business strategy
- Relevant professional qualification in project management
- Minimum of 12 years cognate experience
- Expertise in negotiating complex transactions
- Hands on experience in project finance and management of infrastructure funds
- Expertise in financial modelling and structuring of infrastructure deals
- Proven leadership, negotiating and influencing skills
- Good understanding of the NSIA mandate, regulations and operating environment
- Excellent Interpersonal, networking and communication skills (oral & written)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About The Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority
The Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (“NSIA” or “The Authority”) is an agency of the Federation set up to manage funds in excess of budgeted hydrocarbon revenues. Its mission is to play a leading role in driving sustained economic development for the benefit of all Nigerians through building a savings base for the Nigerian people, enhancing the development of Nigeria’s infrastructure, providing stabilisation support in times of economic stress.