Deadline – Not Specified
- We are currently seeking a Project Coordinator who will work with program teams and successfully implement project activities under a project which is directed at increasing agricultural production and income for over 62,722 herders and farmers in an equitable, inclusive and sustainable manner. The position entails overseeing the day-to-day implementation of the project as a Project coordinato.
- The Project Coordinator will be primarily responsible for organizing and conducting activities, budget management and logistics, and reporting, managing a project assistant. S/He will also contribute to the design and strategic development and management of subsequent projects, and to representation, conducting meetings with a variety of stakeholders, including peer organizations, donors, and government officials.
- The position holder advises the Head of Office on program needs, strategies, staffing issues, local context and dynamics. S/he will work under the direct supervision of the Head of Office and closely with the project team, M&E team and the support unit.
- Ensures proper, timely implementation of project activities, taking into consideration partner capacities, the operational environment and potential security issues, and based on the principles of inclusivity and do no harm.
- Ensures effective application of results-based management methodologies;
- Monitors and manages the projects’ costed work-plans, preventing delays and maximizing cost-effectiveness;
Keeps abreast of context developments and drafts regular context updates to steer project activities as needed; and
- Ensures all donor and internal reports are submitted within the given deadlines and to the expected quality standards.
- Develop and implement a costed work plan for the project;
- Coordinate and arrange all logistics for various meetings, and workshops, including invitations, venue, participants travel and accommodation;
- Work closely with the Design, Monitoring and Evaluation and Learning (DMEL) Manager to monitor and track project’s progress and draw out results, success stories and lessons learned;
- Work closely with the Communications team to capture the stories and highlight the outcome and results of the project;
- Ensure that the project meets all its deliverables on time and the expected results are of high quality;
- Develop and nurture relations with relevant state, NGO, religious bodies and other stakeholders at the national, regional and state level;
Analyze the context within the scope of the project and provide inputs for regular context updates;
- Writing and producing reports that include but not limited to context updates, monthly reports, quarterly reports, success stories, and case studies
- In collaboration with M&E officer, assist with the implementation and development of Monitoring and Evaluation tools;
- Provide the necessary financial guidance for financial request for community/LGA level activities
- Work with the finance team to complete retirement and financial report
- Produce activity and monthly reports
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the line manager.
Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, Arts, Development Studies or related field;
- At least 3 years of professional experience in project cycle management, coordinating project activities, outreach, and/or advocacy; agriculture management
- Experience working in election and/or peacebuilding projects will be an added advantage;
- Past working experience in the project state with CSOs and relevant state actors
Other Relevant Requirements
- Resident in Adamawa state is an added advantage
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace; and
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize workflow, handle multiple tasks, and be flexible with changing priorities.
- Familiar with the Common Ground Approach
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click apply below
Interested candidates should send the following via the link below:
Cover Letter (which includes expectations of compensation)
Please compile your writing sample and resume into one document as the system only has the functionality to upload two documents per application. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please
About Search for Common Ground (SFCG)
Search for Common Ground (SFCG) is an international non-profit organization that promotes the peaceful resolution of conflict. With headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium, Search’s mission is to transform how individuals, organizations, and governments deal with conflict – away from destructive approaches towards cooperative solutions. With more than 600 staff worldwide, Search implements projects in more than 30 countries across the globe.