Deadline – Not Specified
Minimum Experience: Entry-level
- We are currently seeking for a Project Officer to provide programmatic support, including planning, organizing, and coordinating communication and project activities. The position is full time, based in Plateau State with frequent field visits within and outside the State.
- S / he will support work closely with the project manager in the production of weekly, monthly, quarterly and biannual report for the project.
- S / he will provide logistics support for the organization and running of workshops as necessary.
- S / he will work directly under the supervision of the Project Manager. S/he will work under the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator and closely with the project team.
- In collaboration with the state coordinator, facilitate the creation and implementation of a detailed annual work-plan, which identifies sequences of activities needed to successfully implement the project and ensure project objectives are met
- In collaboration with key stakeholders, facilitate the development and roll out of detailed implementation plans in communities and LGAs
Review the project schedule with State Coordinator and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise and regularly review the schedule as required.
- Document project activities and ensure that all project data is appropriately secured;
- Monitor the progress of the project implementation and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the project remains on track and is successfully implemented;
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project;
- Develop, coordinate and implement all community level activities including trainings for WAY, CSAD, EWER activities and be part of the situation room efforts in the state
Program Monitoring & Evaluation:
In collaboration with M&E officer, assist with the implementation and development of Monitoring and Evaluation tools;
- S / He will ensure successful management of the budget for community / LGA level activities:
- Financial request for community / LGA level activities
Retirement and financial report
Documentation and Reporting:
- Produce activity and monthly reports
NB: As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key duties.
Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, Arts, Development Studies or related field;
- At least 2 years of professional experience in project cycle management, coordinating project activities, outreach, and / or advocacy;
- Experience working in election and/or peacebuilding projects will be an added advantage;
- Past working experience in the project state with CSOs and relevant state actors
Other Relevant Requirements:
- Resident in Adamawa state is an added advantage
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace; and
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize workflow, handle multiple tasks, and be flexible with changing priorities.
- Familiar with the Common Ground Approach.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Interested candidates should send the following via the link above:
Cover Letter (which includes expectations of compensation)
Please compile your writing sample and resume into one document as the system only has the functionality to upload two documents per application. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please
About Search for Common Ground (SFCG)
Search for Common Ground (SFCG) is an international non-profit organization that promotes the peaceful resolution of conflict. With headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium, Search’s mission is to transform how individuals, organizations, and governments deal with conflict – away from destructive approaches towards cooperative solutions. With more than 600 staff worldwide, Search implements projects in more than 30 countries across the globe.