Deadline Date: 24th February, 2020
Specialization: Analyst/ Quality Control
Work Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
The Quality Assurance Analyst will use software testing tools to automate repetitive testable use cases, find bugs, provide detailed reproductive steps and perform scheduled regression tests, Security tests, API tests, performance tests, Internal acceptance tests etc.
You will work in tandem with the development team to ensure the health and stability of the production environment.
Principal responsibilities and accountabilities
- Produces the system test deliverables (system test plan, system test specification, system test scripts, and system test data) to the agreed timeline and quality
- Tests programs, verifies user requirement and validates accuracy, reliability, and conformance to Software Testing Standards.
- Performs functional and non-functional testing
- Writes and analyzes test reports
- Produces the Test Summary Report after exit criteria have been met
- Recommends program improvements or corrections to programmers
- Conducts integrated testing with vendors- provided programs
- Monitors program performance after implementation to prevent reoccurrence of program operating problems and ensure efficiency of operations.
- Attends regular status meetings with the QA and project teams
- May evaluate proposed software or software enhancement for feasibility
- May develop utility program to test, track, and verify defects in software program
- Solid understanding of SDLC Testing Life Cycle Basic Software development skills
- Manual and Automated testing skills
- Experience using 3 or more of these tools: JIRA, Selenium, Postman, Nightswatch and related frameworks.
- Interpersonal skills, good presentation skills and confidence
- Excellent written communication skills
- Flexibility, determination, enthusiasm and the ability to prioritize and cope well under pressure.
- Good teamwork and negotiation skills
- The ability to think strategically and good analytical skills
- Good IT and presentation skills
- Strong use of Initiative
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work on more than one project at a time.
- Creativity and imagination
- Tools: Selenium, Postman, Nightswatch, REST-assured, TestRail.
- Web automation and API automation
- Database: MS SQL, MongoDB
- Mobile: Java, Android Framework, Volley, D3
- Additional Information
Flexibility is important.
The role is open to anyone who meets the above criteria regardless of race or nationality
Must be ready to relocate to Lagos.
Competitive based on experience
About Venture Garden Nigeria (VGN)
Venture Garden Nigeria (VGN) is a fast-growing B2B/B2G Fintech Platform Holdco Company with six subsidiaries, two platform entities and a suite of shared services offered to all subsidiaries. At VGN we wage war against the average, go beyond the ordinary to explore limitless opportunities; breaking the norms and aggressively pursuing success through- Relentless Hard-work, Pursuit of excellence, calculated risk-taking and a hunger for knowledge and we have a lot of fun at it!