Deadline – Not Specified
Ref No: 2000001T
Job: FBN GEN. Job Family
Organization: Technology and Services
Grade Range – From: Senior Banking Officer; Grade Range – To: Deputy Manager
The objective of this role to esure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of Channels and Payments Databases (Nigeria and Subsidiaries)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Secures database by developing policies, procedures, and controls.
- Ensuring all the data complies with legal regulations
- Maintains database results by setting and enforcing standards and controls.
- Prepares for database expansion by studying plans and requirements; advising senior technical management; coordinating design and programming.
- Keeps senior technical management informed by preparing reports on system performance and problems.
- Install and configure relevant network components to ensure database access as well as database consistency and integrity
- Install and configure oracle and SQL databases
- Use database management system software and tools to investigate problems and collect performance statistics and create reports.
- Carries out routine configuration/installation and reconfiguration of database and related products.
- Respond to and resolve basic database issues Oracle and SQL
- Perform routine performance tuning on the bank’s databases while ensuring high levels of data availability, integrity and confidentiality
- Monitor database growth on a weekly basis to generate Utilization
- Statistics for Capacity Planning Management
- Administration of the bank’s Enterprise backup and Recovery system while ensuring that adequate backup of data is taken and readily available for recovery and restoration
- Ensure all Changes to the Configuration of the databases followed strictly the bank’s change management process
- Ensure proper documentation of all databases infrastructure processes/procedures in the Departmental Standard of Operation Document.
Minimum Education: First Degree in numerate discipline; Higher Degrees / Professional Certifications (an added advantage)
Minimum experience: 8+ years relevant experience in database administration and management with at least 2 years in leadership position.
Click the apply button below to apply
About First Bank
First Bank of Nigeria Limited (First Bank) is Nigeria's largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, First Bank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBN Bank DRC, FBN Bank Ghana, FBN Bank Gambia, FBN Bank Guinea, FBN Bank Sierra-Leone and FBN Bank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.