About the Role
- Andela’s Partner Engineering department is charged with delivering high value and quality software engineering services for our Clients (we call them Partners). Our core delivery model is embedded teams of software engineers who are remote and distributed.
- Andela is looking for a Senior Director to lead how we enable and power engineering services with a strong bias towards action that can spot what needs to be done, effectively prioritize and mobilize teams to accomplish Andela’s overarching goals.
- You will design, evolve and scale operational effectiveness that enable how our software engineers deliver for our partners. Including:
- The overall productivity and effectiveness of the delivery organization. Leveraging a small yet highly leveraged team who spike in analytical thinking, project and stakeholder management, and getting stuff done.
- The measurement and operational functions essential to Andela’s delivery across the partner journey. These include planning, reporting, quota setting and management, process optimization, training and program implementation.
- The systems and technologies used to differentiate and impact how Andela delivers. Enabling talented people to deliver their best, providing the support and quality control needed to help them through challenges, and developing the processes, protocols and procedures necessary to scale with our Partners.
- As such, you’ll need to be an expert in building, managing and measuring operational functions essential to the productivity of high performing service organizations, and can operate with a high degree of autonomy. You would be constantly asking yourself:
- How do I ensure that our Delivery teams have the best insights to better manage their portfolios and maximise growth and margins?
- How do I ensure that Andela’s Engineering teams are prepared, supported, and continue to grow as they deliver for our Partners?
- How do I ensure that my team is driving and achieving business outcomes despite cross-functional and cross-vendor change management?
- You are eager for the challenge of molding and shaping an exceptional engineering service organization. You know how to think – and act – big, while holding a strong moral compass in everything you do.
- With the VP of Partner Engineering and Senior Directors, co-authors and co-owns the delivery strategy including, segmentation, resource allocation and cost of delivery.
- Designs, implements, and manages forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes. Establishes high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in planning, forecasting, and budgeting approaches used by the sales organization.
- Defines the optimal performance measurements and performance management programs required to ensure success. Aligns reporting, training, onboarding and incentive programs with these performance management priorities. Leads efficient and accurate reporting initiatives.
- Partners with multiple internal stakeholders, especially the heads of Talent Supply, Staffing, Demand, Operations etc to identify opportunities for delivery process improvement. Facilitates successful implementation of new programs through the delivery organization by ensuring well defined, efficient processes are utilized.
- With Technology and Revenue Operation leaders , primary owner of all software platforms used by Andela delivery functions. Prioritizes investments in enabling technologies in support of delivery productivity. Recommends changes and enhancements to tracking delivery and performance tracking platforms.
- Provides leadership to the delivery organization, and counsel to the executive team, in implementing engineering service delivery objectives that appropriately reflect Andela’s goals.
- Designs incentive compensation programs that reinforce delivery management strategy, and align with Andela’s business organization objectives.
- Four year degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field from an accredited university.
- Over 12 years experience enabling service delivery teams in software development, technology consulting and/or software product management
- A minimum of 5 years in leadership or executive teams dring excellence in service delivery.
- Proven ability to build, manage and grow a team-oriented and high-performing organization.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent leadership and management skills and can work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- A deep commitment to Andela’s mission.
- Willingness to travel periodically between Andela’s centers and our Partners’s offices.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
Click the apply button below to apply
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Rwanda and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.