About the Role
- Andela is seeking an HR business partner (HRBP) to support Andela’s staff experience group by being a trusted business partner to multiple leaders, managers and employees. You will play a critical role in the design and implementation of strategic initiatives to retain and grow our most prized asset – our people! This is an amazing opportunity for a passionate and talented HRBP to innovate alongside a stellar growing team and equally passionate and driven managers. No two days will be the same and the work is challenging and rewarding.
You will act as a primary point of contact for a designated population of managers and employees, serving as a connector to internal functions, an advisor on all people processes, procedures, and initiatives.
- The Senior Manager-HRBP will be a key driver of engagement, talent management and change management across their population influencing a high growth- and performance-oriented culture. In addition, you will also support the Staff Experience team with the strategic project management of key strategic initiatives.
This role reports into a Director Level HRBP.
Strategy Development and Implementation:
- Work closely with Staff Experience Lead and Country/Functional Leads to understand organizational challenges and design/implement creative solutions
- Coordinate and support the implementation of strategic initiatives within your population and more broadly.
- Support employees and managers within your population to cultivate a high growth- and performance-oriented culture, and ensure that performance management experiences are effective and empowering, prioritising fairness and objectivity
- Advise managers on team performance management via a data driven approach
- Work proactively to identify underperformance and address thoughtfully, manage underperformance professionally and swiftly when identified.
- Connect employees and managers to compelling learning and development opportunities, mentorship, coaching for performance and growth, advising on career opportunities
Support leaders and managers on talent mapping and reviews to ensure implementation of recommendations from the Talent Development team
- Develop and implement workforce retention, career navigation and succession strategies.
- Coordinate and support the implementation and delivery of key strategic initiatives, including identifying risks and impact to delivery, as well as tracking and reporting progress and outcomes
- Implement effective change management strategies, providing subject matter expertise on risk mitigation and change delivery.
- Employee Relations – Coach, Inspire, Influence:
- Provide dedicated coaching to multiple managers and employees within your population with a specific focus on employee advocacy/engagement, HR fundamentals and process training, employee relations management and workplace investigations as appropriate
- Provide advice and counsel to managers and employees to ensure consistent application and integration of policies, procedures and practices at 100% compliance to promote an ethical and compliant work environment
- Ensure that all employee relations issues are properly identified, reported, investigated and resolved
- Serve as an escalation point for your population.
- Build and maintain healthy relationships with key stakeholders
Coach leaders/managers on proper management and communication practices
- Work closely and effectively with other cross-functional HRBPs,
- People Operations and Centers of Excellence (CoE) teams to identify best practices and use it to define effective business interventions
- Share knowledge and insights with the wider People team to help shape best practise and ensure business goals are in line with org-wide strategy.
- Significant and relevant professional experience, most of which should be in an advisory HRM/HRBP role
- Knowledge of in-country employment regulations/statutes and capacity to apply them to Andela. Ability to adapt applicable global labor laws into local practices as required. Experience with other African countries a plus
- Solid track record in design and implementation of employee engagement strategies that have meaningfully impacted the individual and organization experience; previous experience in coaching employees/managers through complex, difficult issues and creating effective working partnerships with senior leaders
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) skills, ability to present and facilitate effectively, and stellar emotional intelligence with a specific focus on self moderation, cultivating relationships and empathy.
- Previous HR project management experience preferred, including demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with different stakeholder sets
- Experience in a challenging, fast-changing, complex and matrixed business environment with a special focus on multiculturalism (and internationalism).
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Rwanda and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.