Reference Number: NS20 / 3005
- Reporting to the Executive Director and Chief Operating Officer, the successful candidate will assess, organise and manage the efficient utilization of the Authority’s funds to maintain the institution’s liquidity, manage overall cost of funds, support fund raising, and mitigate operational and financial risk.
- This Officer will lead; financial planning, business forecasting and drive strategic analysis around key business initiatives.
- Responsible for the setup of a robust treasury function
- Support strategic business planning process of the Authority.
- Partner with the various teams to formulate and appraise appropriate strategies for their respective areas and support delivery of the overall business strategy and long-range plans
- Conduct financial analysis and business case development to support the corporate strategy on an ongoing basis
- Perform scenario modelling for multiple initiatives and layering this into financial planning
- Support fund growth through scenario planning and analysis of business opportunities
- Develop models for potential changes to capitol structure and support acquisition and divestiture planning.
- Ensure forecast accuracy by reviewing short-term and long-term trends tar the Authority’s investing products
- Monitor economic and market trends, anticipates potential impact on the Authority’s financial soundness and proactively recommends appropriate strategies to ensure the achievement of medium and long-term financial targets
- Develop and implement strategies for capital & fund structure to support acquisition, divestment, and other shareholding arrangements.
- Coordinate the capital deployment review process of the Authority.
- Manages risk exposure in relation to the Authority’s investment and financing arrangements
- Administer foreign exchange risk management and develops foreign exchange risk mitigation strategies
- Oversee working capital funding and management
- Utilise cash forecasting and budgeting tools to assist management in short and long-term strategic planning
- Maintain a system of policies and procedures that afford an adequate level of control over treasury activities
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting / Finance
- MBA /Masters in finance related field is desired
- A minimum of 10 years cognate experience, must have spent at least 5 years running a sizeable treasury function
- Extensive experience in preparing cash forecasts and cash flow analyses
- Experience in the preparation of financial schedules
- Experience in building complex financial models to evaluate various financial plans
- Extensive experience in strategy planning
- Extensive experience in Assets and Liability Management
- Extensive fund-raising experience
- Knowledge of investment portfolio strategy and financial instruments
- Advanced spreadsheet and modeling skills
- Strong project management skills
- Proven leadership, negotiating and influencing skills
- Good understanding of the NSIA mandate, regulations and operating environment
- Excellent interpersonal, organisation, networking and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Able to break down problems into meaningful parts and came to rational and well-thought out conclusions
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae (prepared as a Microsoft Word document and saved with your full names) to the email in the apply button below. Please quote the role and appropriate reference number as the subject of your e-mail.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.
About The Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority
The Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (“NSIA” or “The Authority”) is an agency of the Federation set up to manage funds in excess of budgeted hydrocarbon revenues. Its mission is to play a leading role in driving sustained economic development for the benefit of all Nigerians through building a savings base for the Nigerian people, enhancing the development of Nigeria’s infrastructure, providing stabilisation support in times of economic stress.
The NSIA is in the process of strengthening its operations and enhancing overall capacity towards delivering its mandate. In this regard, the Authority is seeking to recruit suitably qualified, result oriented and exceptional professionals to fill the vacant position below: