Our Client, a reputable Montessori school in Lekki phase 1, Lagos state, is looking for a competent Vice Principal
N.B: Candidate must be a Female.
Under the direction of the School Principal, the Vice Principal takes charge of the school in the absence of the school principal, and assists in the organizing, and supervision of the day-to-day operations of the school. She also provides leadership and assistance to teachers in the implementation of educational programs, activities, curriculum guidelines, performs related duties as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement new and innovative educational curriculum and securing for students a high level of academic attainment
- Ensure that learning is developed across a timetable which is reflective of a working environment, rather than a traditional academic timetable
- Perform classroom observations and other instructional activities.
- Lead the Learning Administrators on monitoring standards and assessments, and effectively identify and implement quality improvement strategies
- Provide Leadership to the French Faculty.
- Deputize for the School Principal when required to.
- As assigned, evaluate/investigate complaints.
- Maintain files and records for student reports, statistical data and reports, unsatisfactory performance ratings, and school inventory.
- Supervise the planning, delivery, monitoring and evaluation of teaching
- Collaborate with the Bridge Team to develop programs to meet the individual needs and styles of special needs students and ensure the efficient use of available resources.
- Work with the school Principal to design, deliver, and evaluate professional development for teachers and other learning staff
- Coordinate curriculum implementation with the Specialty Teachers
- Attend regional and state level vice principal meetings, workshops, and other training sessions.
- Act as school liaison with the State Ministry of Education and other government parastatals a tale, ensuring that all statutory requirements are up to date.
- Assist in recruiting, screening, assigning, and monitoring of learning staff.
- Performs all other related duties as required.
- Ability to direct, Critical thinking, Time management, and Decision making skills.
- Knowledge of Montessori philosophy and methods of instruction.
Experience with Dual Language- English/French Immersion Programs /language acquisition
- Knowledge of child growth/development and child behavior characteristics.
- Knowledge of safety practices in classroom and playground activities.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations.
- Knowledge of First aid and CPR applications/techniques.
- Great interest in education and working with children.
- Speech Clarity – Excellent Verbal and Communication skills.
Qualifications and Experiences
- Must hold a minimum of a bachelor’s degree or a post-graduate degree in Education from an accredited college or university.
- Must be registered with the Teacher’s Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN)
- Bilingual in English and French
- Demonstrate a proficient level of computer literacy, having a basic proficiency in doing word processing, creating and using a spreadsheet, e-mailing, and accessing the Internet.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in this field.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.